Monday, September 03, 2007

My Plans (and Conference List for 2007)

My Way Ahead: Research and Exploration

I'm back from completing preparations for my dissertation. My exams are complete, the coursework is complete, and I' m beginning work on a dissertation proposal.

My topic is validation of agent-based models. In particular, I'm going to examine the impact of different agent-activation schemes on the outcomes (and the subsequent decision recommendations) for agent-based models. I'm surprised that there is not much written on this subject, as ABMs are becoming more and more prominent throughout the world of M&S and complexity theory.

At the beginning, I need to include a survey of the literature. Much of the literature occurs in conjunction with conferences. What I've found is that there are a gigantic number and variety of conferences on the general topic of complex adaptive systems and agent-based models. Many of them have no connections with one another. So, the first step (or, I guess I'm back to step 0.5), is to actually list these conferences. Here is a partial list, just for this fall:

I will attend the European Social Simulation Association's conference in Toulouse next week (Sep 10 - 14, 2007).

There is also the Central and Eastern European Conference on Multi-agent Systems later in Sept 07.

From October 2 - 5 in Dresden, there's the European Conference on Complex Systems.

On October 22-24 there will be the 2007 Engineering Societies in the Agent World (ESAW) conference.

October 28 - Nov 2, in Quincy, MA (USA), there will be the International Conference on Complex Systems (ICCS2007).

From 1-3 November the European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy will meet in Portugal.

On November 12-16, 2007, Agents 2007 will convene at Northwestern Unversity in Evanston (near Chicago), IL. I'll be there.

On Nov 21-23 the Pacific Rim International Workshop on Multi-Agents will be held in Bangkok. (Maybe next year...)

I'll also be at the December 9-12 Winter Simulation Conference, mostly because it's here in Washington, DC.

From Dec 17-19 in Pune, India, the
3rd Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence will host a multi-agent systems workshop.

I plan to add many, many more to this list. Watch this space.

No comments: